Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trey Saves The Day!

So today for me was very exciting, and yet kinda scary. My crew, the Hard Hats, are building a garage for a lady who has had multiple cars stolen out of her driveway. Most people agree that it is the hardest and most difficult project that any group has been assigned this week. It was very frustrating in the beginning, I have decided it was Satan trying to stop us from building it, but after a prayer this morning rebuking Satan's efforts to stop us, our work seemed to take off! We were able to nail down all of the baseboards onto the existing non-level foundation and was able to put up two of the three walls we are making. I have been blessed to have 3 students from Crossroads on my crew, Trey Green, Michael Richards, and Melody Johnson, and I will attest to them working very very hard!
But here's where the scary comes in....I was on an extension ladder leaning up against a wall that we had braced to the ground through spikes and a two by four, nailing in the top plates on the second wall. All of a sudden I feel a shifting forward, and that kinda freaked me out! I realized that the stake and beam that were supporting the wall I was leaning on had come out of the ground and therefore my weight sent the whole frame downward.
After making sure my pants were dry, I realized that Trey had caught the ladder from falling and I quickly descended back to solid ground. So props to Trey for saving me!

-RJ

No comments: