Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Running On Empty

Although it is only the second day of our VBS week, I have learned a lot about myself and missions. After the 36 hour bus ride and our first day of mission work, I felt as though I was running on empty and about to crash. I began to wonder (along with everyone else) how I would survive the rest of the week when the first day wasn't even complete.






However, that night we met together as a church for praise and worship. Once we gathered, everybody started singing and laughing. Jose started cracking jokes and before I knew it I was feeling pretty refreshed. It was then that I realized it's ok to reach empty because God finds an opportunity to fill me up. So I have made it my mission to completely pour myself out to the children of San Luis Potosi, knowing the Lord will restore me by night.


-Austin James

1 comment:

Ron said...

The pictures and reports are great!

Our prayers are with you guys. Keep on doing what you're doing, with the faith and cofidence that you're their doing the Lord's work.

- Ron Adams