Saturday, July 12, 2008

Many Parts, One Body

Well, I don't know what exactly to say so my experience will just have to do. I was at Solo Cristo Salva with some other men and our job was to lay some electrical lines, bust up concrete, and put in a drop-in ceiling. At first I thought what we were doing wouldn't be valued as much as what the other people were doing in the sites.


Then, different people kept showing up and helping us work all day (church members) and I started realizing they really needed this. Thursday night, everyone went to the site for worship along with the regular members. When the members saw the finished product they were extremely grateful and we sang songs with people hanging off scaffolding and stuff.






It was a great experience and I would not have changed a thing about my time here if I could have.


-Michael Richards

No comments: