Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mexico 2009- Freedom to Worship



Either my eyes are already bad at the ripe age of 18, or the kids here are multiplying! It's a huge blessing that the churches of Irapuato are so efficient and so devoted to our Lord-- otherwise me & my broken "espanol" would be totally out of luck.

My primary roles at "Getsemani" are strumming, gluing, and simply loving on kids who most likely see me as a goofy foreigner who is dumb enough to think they are laughing with me! Only kidding! I happen to know my "gato" jokes are funny.


On a more serious note, I have witnessed some pretty miraculous things. The amount of love that has been circulating at the sites is inspiring. Despite the apparent language barrier, the local churches & Crossroads are beautifully united with purpose and love that would bring any grown man (or woman) to his (or her) knees in praise of our awesome God.


Another thing I have learned from my morning site is the importance of God and one's home country. Before VBS, (or "EBV," if you will) the kids and congregation sing songs and say pledges to both God and Mexico-- however, they do this with every bit of sincerity! I am blessed to live in a country that allows me to worship my savior in any way I choose. I don't have to do so in secret or in fear of being punished. I can quite literally shout it from a mountain top (thanks to the 1st Amendment). It makes me wonder why I don't take more advantage of my rights. Tonight, I plan on thanking God for the USA.
For Mexico.
For His Son.
For His love-- that I recieve even in my most ugly of moments.
For Crossroads and this mission team that I am so proud to be a part of.
And finally for all the support back home. It makes all the difference. I'm excited for what tomorrow holds-- and hopefully that's an easier craft.


-Sarah Hageman

No comments: