Monday, July 13, 2009

Costa Rica 2009 - Bittersweet

One of our favorite VBS students is Marlon. Marlon has entertained us for many years with his charm and adorable distractions. Today this young boy age 15 told us his father has left his family. He said "I am sad, I am the man of my house now." My heart broke for this precious boy. What will happen to that inocent sparkle in his eyes and beautiful smile on his face that we all fell in love with?

At the end of VBS, Marlon asked his Mother to come in to meet with Esther. Esther told her that the best she could do for her was to offer her hope through accepting Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. She showed her the plan of salvation, and she accepted the Lord! We rejoice with a new sister in Christ!

Please pray for God to provide the physical and spiritual needs of this family through this difficult time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Marlon I miss him and am praying for him. I am so sad to hear about his dad but am excited to hear that his heavenly father is present in his home.
Kris