Monday, July 12, 2010

Back After 8 Years


I have many wonderful memories of previous Mexico mission trips and was thrilled to have the opportunity to return! As I began to prepare for this trip, I realized it had been eight years since I had been to Mexico and oh, how I was reminded again of those cherished times.



A lot has changed over the past eight years and I could hardly wait to see what the Lord was going to do in the city of Irapuato. Today was the first day to go to our VBS sites. As our bus pulled into the site, we were greeted with the sweet little smiles of children ready to begin the week. The morning was full of sining, Bible stories, crafts, and games. But more importantly, it was full of laughter, smiles, hugs, and the love of Christ. It is amazing how God's love is bigger than any language barrier.



As we were about to leave, my dad introduced me to José, a friend he led to the Lord last year. When José saw dad, his first comment was, "I knew you would be back." I was reminded at that moment the investments made in the lives of the people of Irapuato will never be forgotten. So today, new memories were made.



-Jennifer York Dearmore



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How good to know that decisions and relationships are real and that they last. May the tribe increase . . .